Duration: 20 July 2012 – 20 January 2014
Contractor: Eco-Les Belasitsa Consortium
Sofia 1000, 1st Bratya Miladinovi Str.
02/491 21 21
02/491 21 20
The focus of this project is to prepare a 10-year Management Plan for Belasitsa Nature Park, located in the most South-West part of Bulgaria, encompassing the North slopes of Belasitsa Mountain. Park’s territory borders to the West with the Republic of Macedonia (FYR) and to the South with the Republic of Greece.
Project Goals: In compliance with the best international practices and requirements of the European and local legislations this Plan has to set the vision for land usage, nature protection and ecologically sustainable socio-economic development, shared by the main stakeholders within the framework of the protected territory as well as of ones in the adjacent territories.
preparation of 10-year Management Plan for Belasitsa NP and a framework for Management Plan’s adaptation process in compliance with changes in the general conditions (for example legislation, climate changes, biological tendencies);
Development and application of some Action Programmes supporting the Park’s and its adjacent territories management process.
- Data base generation for the purposes of Park’s management as a result of the on-site studies within the framework of the development of the MP.
- Suggestions for local level common management of Belasitsa NP’s Management Plan (for example: by means of establishment of an informal management structure, etc.)
- Adaptation measures and softening of climate changes within the borders of the park and its adjacent territories, covering forest management, sustainable utilization and management of nature resources, etc.
- Detailed long-term monitoring programme for preservation and sustaining of the biodiversity in Belasistsa NP.
- Institutional Development Programme for Belasitsa NP Directorate and staff trainings.
- Tourist Infrastructure Development Programme for the needs of the pedestrian and orientation (познавателен) tourism in Belasitsa NP.
- Public Relations and Nature Protection Educations for Belasitsa NP Programme.
- Unforeseen situations and visitors’ security action plan.